Wednesday 26 September 2007

Diary of a Graphic Designer by Michael C Place


This is a recent article for the design magazine ‘Creative Review’ that I really enjoyed as being a design student and having relatively little experience apart from a few months work experience it gives me a brief incite into the day to day workings of a real design studio. The article followed a month in the life of Michael C Place and his small London design studio ‘Build’ and I found not only interesting to see how he works but also reliving to see that even though he is a successful designer he still has some of the same problems that I do – such as ‘not being able to get things to look just right’ or coming up with ideas. I also liked the way that he cited some of his inspirations, who he worked with and I got to see a project (the Helvetica type poster) from concept to completion.

No comments: